Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I took my car in for service because the front end felt loos. Hyundai verified I needed warranty work done and the following parts would be replaced:

1. Boot Kit - Front Axle
2. Bushings - Stabalizer B

After the parts replacement the front end felt tighter and less noisy. the problem that i have now is that the steering wheel is off-center to the left and i believe an allignement is required

I took the car back to the dealer the same night and advised that my allignment is off because of the work. the dealer states that no allignment was needed for the parts that were replaced.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I always thought an allignement is needed when a CV Boot is replaced, especially when the axle is removed.

If anyone can provide some documentation from Hyundai that states an allignement is required that would be very helpfull.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yeah i'll scan in the work summary on my last bill when i get the chance tonight...it does require an alignment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You don't need a alignment when you replace axles.. Ball joints, tie rods, struts, springs all need to be aligned when replaced.. Talk to the service manager. See if he can do anything for you.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Any time you separate the ball joint from the control arm, you should check tracking. This is because when you stretch the control arm down and pull the joint out, you introduce a range of motion not normally acheivable. Also, removing the knuckle from the balljoint and putting it back, you can never put it in EXACTLY the same way.

On my 1993 sentra I put in new CV shafts, changed a balljoint on one side, and redid a stabilizer link on the other. The steering wheel also moved over a bit, but I got lucky and hte car only pulled to the side very slightly. I decided against a $40 alignment, put the back wheels on the front, and sold the car instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts