Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i have a year 2000 Hyundai Accent, the only thing thats different in the car is the speakers, its got subs and an amp, and thats it (new headgaskit too) Im looking to make the car look alil better, any ideas on what i should do? ( i have about 1000 dollers to spend ) and i more want interior to it, some blue and black, and im thinking of getting blue underglow... im just not sure if i want to or not. any ideas? (btw im sick of the green inside lights lol)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Please don't do underglow, and don't put anything on the inside, it's tacky.

consider re-upholstering the seats, change shifter knob and boot, swap out the lights in the gauge cluster, consider a steering wheel swap....etc

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd say do whatever you like and dont listen to someone telling you not to do something, if you like underglows than do underglows, you could take out your center console and paint it, its relatively easy and only cost about 10 bucks (cost of paint and sandpaper). they make white face gauge overlays for our cars so you may want to consider those they look nice and light up neon blue at night.

Other than that be creative, whatever you think will suite your needs/wants.

good luck man!

·
Registered
127 Posts
ya man dont listen to that guy personaly i dun know him so i aint going to judge no one but seriously do what you want and what you think will look good doesnt matter what any one thinks but you bro and ya theres many things you can do neons, white face, after market gauges, ya know do some custom work so many things you can do just remember if you get racing bucket seats and do a harness dont bolt it to the floor on the back side #1 **** up people do its accualy bad you want a harness bar cause you dont want the belt to bolt up lower than your shoulders or use the harness bar as a pivot point when you bolt it to the floor cause it can seriously **** you up if you dont thought i would through that one out there too many hondas rolling round here doing that lol.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
He asked for opinions so I gave them. "Do what you want" isn't very constructive criticism. He doesn't have to listen to what I say at all, but it's my opinion and that's what he asked for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, im really wanting to get some paint on my dash, and some accent paint, inside the car (maybe some neons under the dash, or something)

Only thing is, where would i get aftermaket gauges, and stuff like that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
heres what i did with my console:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/558/0716080304bwt4.jpg

all i did was buy standard aftermarket gauges of my choice (a/f ratio, fuel pressure, volt meter) took out my stock hvac controls and made a panel to mount the gauges to and screwed it in.
to the right is my gauge cluster, custom painted with gauge face overlays, if your interested in doing something like that let me know, ill show you how i put it together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i ment where would i get like gauges, the ones behind the steering wheel, like, fuel, milage, tacometer?

But yeah, that actually exactly what im lookin for (im a beginner to all this)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts