Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get the new Accent header and downpipe from Evofusion and have to take them to have the downpipe made so it will bolt up to the header on one side and the stock cat back piping on the other so us Accent guys and gals can have our downpipe. I have a friend who owns a shop and has someone lined up to help me but for some odd reason I felt the need to put my new local dealer to the test. That was a horrible mistake. I arrived at the new dealer and was greeted politely by the parts manager and was directed to the service manager to discuss my inquiry. No sooner did I get the question out of my mouth did he start ranting like a lunatic. "It's illegal..." "I can't do that, it's not worth the fine I'll get" "I don't know of anyone who does that kind of work as exhaust modification is highly illegal". The biggest thing that pissed me off about the situation was not that he didn't want to help me out but that he was such a dick about it. All he would've had to say was that he couldn't do it because of this or that in a polite manner and I wouldn've understood. The fact that he wouldn't do it wasn't the issue at all it was his approach. What made matters worse was that I had my mother with me because I'm wanting her to purchase a Hyundai as her next vehicle and this is the man she'd have to deal with for service and here he goes being a complete psycho asshole for no reason. They well may have screwed themselves out of two customers just for a lack of people skills. Does Hyundai excel (no pun intended) at Having complete jerk offs for employees at dealerships? The three in the Birmingham metro area have nothing but crooks and assholes working for them and it sucks! There I'm done and I feel better :smoking:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
you think a jack-off pencil pusher like him would know **** about exhaust modifications??

you shouldn't trust the dealership for aftermarket modifications..i doubt they know much about installing stuff like that!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well from a logical standpoint nobody should know where the sensors on a Hyundai go and how they hook up better than a Hyundai technician. Which means that logically he should be the best guy to do that part of the job regardless of whether he'd actually install the exhaust or not. However since most people don't seem to think logically that idea got flushed down the toilet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts