Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my cars "look" theres still some interior stuff i wanna do but heres the outside.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Feb 5, 2006 9:26 PM]

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Feb 5, 2006 10:11 PM]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Very nice :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5%, i was gonna go all the way around but thats illegal here in Cali.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Verrrry nice. That's the look I'm going for with my Silver GL...Silver with Black accents (no word play intended...lol).

·
Registered
93 Posts
what roof spoiler is that adam? im finally placing my y2 front bumper on order after saying i have wanted it for over a year and a half now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i'm also curious about the roof spoiler, looked almost everywhere for one. thats a really good lookin accent. and the springs, i see the eibach sticker, are they 1.6 or 2 inch drop?? stock struts?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The roof spoiler is a factory accesory. Go to www.hyundaipartsonline.com Its like 200 bucks painted but you can get a primed one for like 130 plus shipping.

The drop springs are the Eibach Pro Kit its a 1.2 inch drop and yes i am runnin on stock struts for now. The color is Silver Mist.

Thank you all for your nice comments, this Car is the love of my life (until i find a girl that is ha ha). But anyway if you need to know what parts i used or where i got them, just let me know and ill get ya the info.

The one part i am missing is clear side markers, cause no one makes em for an Accent. Ive seen em on Accent's just no clue where to get em and what part it is.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Feb 6, 2006 2:03 AM]

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Originally posted by atrimble_2001
[body]
The one part i am missing is clear side markers, cause no one makes em for an Accent. Ive seen em on Accent's just no clue where to get em and what part it is.

[Edited by atrimble_2001 on Feb 6, 2006 2:03 AM]
[/body]
I've got em. I won't tell you completely how to do it, but here's some clues.

1: http://www.kspec.com
2: Avante XD
3: Have Fun :D

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya but do they fit, do i need to cut anything to make em fit or do they pop right in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you want to replace the orange markers on the bumber or add sidemarkers to the fenders. You will have to drill for the side markers since the car didn't already come with them.

Did you have to drill to install the sunshade (roof spoiler)?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car came with side markers look at the photos. Ya I had to drill for the top spoiler.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
You kept the black backing of the grille assembly on, right? Because the mesh by itself isn't very strong and the metal weave is loose, leaving big holes...your radiator wouldn't like rocks for lunch.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I cut out the center section of the black part, but the frame is still there.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
nice job!

looks nice and clean so far... .what's next? interior/engine shots? :D

and i think a lip kit would complete the look of that quite nicely 8D

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Originally posted by atrimble_2001
[body]
Ya but do they fit, do i need to cut anything to make em fit or do they pop right in.
[/body]
They're $15 for a set of 2, and you'll have them in 3 days direct from Korea. I'd say buy them, and play around with them. They way I did them the first time is really messy so that's why I don't wanna show you. I'm going to redo them come this spring and post a DIY. I will tell you the messy way to do it is SUPER easy.

if you want some more info, hit me up on AIM @ "IvyNansue" or send me an e-mail to the address in my profile.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts