Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now what would you rather do ? modify your car and have it reliable? follow some jackass's advice and ruin a perfectly good car ?
here are a couple things that tick me off:
crank case breathers ... hmm... ever wonder why hyundai has a hose to the intake?;
big ass mufflers / cherry bombs on a car that will make it sound like **** ;
anything APC ugh nothing against it just pisses me off ;
people that lighten the flywheel on a motor that has not enough torque in the first place;
vynl graffics ... ever hear of paint ? well it looks better ;
fake hood pins;
N.O.S on a 4 cyl with no other modifications ;
the words GEN and MODS ... hello what are you talking about ? just spell it out we all have our edjamakatons !!;
spring clamps (using clamps to lower the ride hight instead of shorter springs);
big injectors on a motor that cant handle it("why do i smell gas?");
everything machined on a motor ... but didnt port polish ;
no knowledge of what a carburator is ;
lightening the car does not mean lets take the parking brake cable out !!!;
no lights are not "mods" ;
aftermarket anything that is halfassed and you see wires everywhere ... lets cover those up ;
doing any grinding on the intake with it still installed on the car ;
straight pipe / no backpressure exaughst (no im not arguing that it is not good ... bad exaughts bad period);
someone that posts on here about all the modifications they have done and all the new guys follow his lead ... (his car craps out and we never hear from him again) ;
i have had my 1992 excel since new ... modified it to my taste and i have no major problems ! i maintain my car !! ... people who dont take care of their cars ...;
synthetic oil is better !! (dont argue i posted an article !!);
roof spoilers ;
people that think they can go as fast as a viper with an excel or a turbo scoupe ;
people that argue with a tech that knows you shouldnt do something stupid like ... hack your mass air meter apart ..;
people that dont wash their hyundai's ;
and last but not least ... ;;;;;;;
peple that are retards that dont know how to even use a screwdriver should not be asking anything about cars !!!! TAKE IT TO A DEALER DUMBASS!!:D:smoking:;)::surprised::sleepy::zzz::shocked::eek::(:rambo::puzzled::hmmm::pirate::ermm::evil::gasmask::D:)X):lol::mad::nervous::|:eek:gre::paranoid::embarrassed::duh::disappointed::devious::depressed::dead::cry:8D:??::chinese::bored::bandit:

SHEESH ... i forgot
i hate when people post every single smiley availible on their posts lol
:ermm:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
lame flame.. sorry. Its just a lost cause... Welcome to the "get used to it" club. :smoking:

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 13, 2006 11:15 AM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im guilty of a few. Crankcase breather filter - easier than tapping a new hose fitting in the intake when I boosted (already had to tap a few).... Vinyl - It was so cheap I figured what the heck I cant afford paint. Bad exhaust - I run open downpipe, exhaust isnt so cheap. My Dad just got a welder though so exhaust is on the way ;-)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
how about
-- you have to take the bus to work because you "modified" your only means of transportation and now the damn thing won't start ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOL well if only I could get the Accent up and running in the first place I MIGHT mod it... Maybe I should put the e-brake cable back in now... Take out the back seat instead? :D

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
:bandit::ermm::pirate::bored::evil::hmmm::chinese::gasmask::puzzled::??::D:rambo:8D:):(:cry:X):eek::dead::lol::shocked::depressed::mad::zzz::devious::nervous::sleepy::disappointed::|:smoking::duh::eek:gre::surprised::embarrassed::paranoid:;):

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:eek:gre:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Originally posted by nyne
[body]
how about
-- you have to take the bus to work because you "modified" your only means of transportation and now the damn thing won't start ;)
[/body]
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
[body]
how about
[/body]
I guess you would know with you new EVO and all. lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot a few ....
stick on hood scoops , and japanese leters on cars that are not from japan !!,
and fake rol cages ugh , why bother to put a fake one in when you could just put the real deal in ???:surprised:

·
Registered
45 Posts
C'mon man I gotta use the fake roll cage... Plastic is MUCH lighter than steel. Besides you ever watch a 1.5L Accent try to haul around an extra couple hundred pounds of steel? Just NOT gonna happen... I'm trying to LIGHTEN the car here SHEESH...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Originally posted by solo-baric
[body]
[body]
how about
[/body]
[/body]
my new stock evo ;)
actually.. this happened with a few cars i've owned.. the 90 eclipse gs-t took a crap and stuck me on the bus in vegas for a month or so haha

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
[body]
Originally posted by solo-baric
[body]
[body]
how about
[/body]
[/body]
my new stock evo ;)
actually.. this happened with a few cars i've owned.. the 90 eclipse gs-t took a crap and stuck me on the bus in vegas for a month or so haha
[/body]
I know how that feels too, our welder made off with his equipment whe he quit on short notice, I had to go learn how to weld alloy and steel, just so I could finish the project. :lol:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Okay im guilty of the stick on hood scoop too. However I cut a hole in the hood to make it functional for my smic. I plan to have it molded one day lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wait a second ....
A plastic roll cage? you do know the perpouse of a roll cage right ???it isnt to look good its to protect you and if you ad a worthless plastic one arent you then defeating the perpose of modifying your car ?
almost putting big rims on a car that have drums ... sorry dude just poking fun lol

here are more ...
license plate hood scoup ;
straight sheet metal body kit ;

1 - 15 of 15 Posts