Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is lowered about 2 inches (due to springs), and I am looking for good strong performance struts to give me a smoother, and better handling ride.

I dont want to buy a whole coilover set because I want to be able to go over speed bumps lol.

but if you lowered your car and replaced your struts to some that can handle it and is afordable I would like to know what is good thanks.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Koni's are the only struts available for the accent that might be able to hold up to being on a car lowered 2". They are relatively affordable in the scheme of things, about $600 for a set, but are a bear to install. Basically you have to pull out the guts of the stock shock and replace them with the Koni insert. They are rebuildable and can be custom made to work better with your springs and ride height.

KYB GR-2's cost half as much for the set, are complete replacement struts, but will wear out in about 10,000 miles of use on a lowered car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meh seeing theis prices on a stock replacement part makes me remember why i said forget it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Got about 30000 on my gr2's Still ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts